My Art Gallery

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Welcome to my New Blog Page

The Woman at the Samaritans Well

   
            Hi my name is Diana Penrod and this is my new Blog Page.
   I have discovered a new creative outlet Bible Journaling.
  This has led me to starting a blog of sharing art and religion thru illustrations.
   Art opens our senses to the beauty of God which brings us closer to the interior Life.  I plan to share my thoughts and creative illustrations of scripture. I pray  you will find encouragement ,hope and peace in my new calling. I always feel close to God when creating my art and I see  Gods beauty everywhere and in everyone. I feel God has been calling me to share my thoughts and ideas with others.                                     

                             The Samaritan Women

  I feel like I have a lot in common with the woman from Samaria that Jesus met at Jacob's Well.   Read  John Chapter 4  in the Bible.
    When Jesus meets the woman from Samaria at Jacobs well he asked her for a drink. The woman questions why Jesus would even talk to her. The Woman felt unworthy.  Jesus offers her the Living Waters.  "but whoever drinks the waters I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal Life."
 God loves all of us no matter who we are or what we have done he comes to us where we are . I will  share with you how God has came into my life and the beautiful changes that have happened in the weeks following.
     
       I plan to share creative ideas but also hopefully be inspiring in everyday matters and events. My next Blog I plan to go in more detail about Bible Journaling, which I just started so I could use a lot of help from my readers the art is easy the calligraphy a little more challenging.   These are the supplies I started with .The Bible above I just purchased. I like the foot notes I can use study scripture, however the pages a thin so I like to add pages from my
sketch book  with washi  tape.     

So please join me on my new journey.

These are a preview of my sketches 

2 comments:

  1. Your art is beautiful. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You I appreciate the kind words. I can not take credit.
      I am just sharing what God has given to me. Thank you again,
      Diana

      Delete